Winter Is Beginning In Wisconsin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
We didn't get nearly as much snow as some places, but it's starting, after a warm November.

IMG_4803.jpg

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

Its on now...

Some frost in the ground and another 20" of snow and those pictures will be perfect. (for snowmobiling)

Is that your deer stand quads?

Jack Straw said:
Some frost in the ground and another 20" of snow and those pictures will be perfect. (for snowmobiling)
It won't be long now and we'll have another 20"! I sold my last snowmobile a few years ago.

ohio woodburner said:
Is that your deer stand quads?
One of the neighbors hunts from that stand. I don't hunt anymore, but sometimes I sit up there and take pictures.

I was sitting in mine today thinking man there's alot of btu's out there. :cheese: Had i seen any deer i wouldn't have been thinking that. :shut:

I used to love snow, but then as I got older it became more and more work. I also loved snowmobiling. My dad owned a snowmobile dealership in the late '60s early '70s (Boatels, Rupps, Speedways, Allouette). First one around here actually, 1964 Boatel SkiBird was the first one he ever sold.

You are right quads; it is beginning. I put the snow blade on the atv yesterday and cleared driveways. Looks like I'll leave the blade on too because more is forecast next week.

I heard some places on your side of the lake got quite a bit, Dennis. Just that little skiff is all we got, but they are forecasting significant snow for Tuesday/Wednesday. We'll see. Generally they can't forecast this afternoon, let alone 5 days ahead.

I did read that a significant snow storm is expected next week but naturally, the path of the storm is yet to be determined. Time will tell.

Some areas defintely got more than others while some were expecting a lot and got almost nothing. The lake effect off Lake Superior did not kick in until during the night but even then, 8" is about the most (I think) that fell. 10" around Grand Rapids and probably more along the lake.

quads said:
I used to love snow, but then as I got older it became more and more work. I also loved snowmobiling. My dad owned a snowmobile dealership in the late '60s early '70s (Boatels, Rupps, Speedways, Allouette). First one around here actually, 1964 Boatel SkiBird was the first one he ever sold.

Come on now, snow keeps us young!
Now that I am "old," I still love it, now even more.

Nice, all are great brands. Fine winter toys for all! Love the sound
of a 2 stroke on new fallen snow.

Keep warm and enjoy your winter toys!

Status
Not open for further replies.