Winter weight bar oil..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I like the Winter weight bar oil Tractor supply use to have... I looked Yesterday and I didn't see it on the shelves or up above... who else sells this ?

I don't have a direct answer for you , but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that whoever bottles CountyLine winter bar oil just slaps a different label on it for other hardware stores like True Value or Do It Best.

Back before specialized bar oil, the manuals said SAE 30 for summer and SAE 10 for winter.

OK
I went to a different Tractor Supply and they had some @ $8.99 a gallon. :)

Reactions: TreePointer
I wonder if you can just thin it a little, maybe with a little diesel. I'd go easy thought.

As Sodbuster and TreePointer mention, adding diesel fuel to the bar oil works wonders in winter. When I worked at a log home company in WI, we would add diesel to the bar oil year round, less in summer and more in winter. The diesel kept the chain and bar clean of the sap in the summer and the added thinning for the cold winter months.

Reactions: TreePointer