Wireless Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spsalmon

Feb 8, 2011
Upstate NY
We are new pellet stove owners and are very happy with our purchase but sometimes we are just too warm! Think we need to get a thermostat. Would like to avoid wires. Does anyone have information on a good, reasonably-priced wireless thermostat? Thanks in advance.

Skytech makes several different wireless models. I will double check the exact model # when I get home. But I believe its the 5301. Has a touch screen, On/Off/thermo modes and you can adjust the "swing" from 1,2, or 3 degrees. i.e- At 3 degrees, if you have it set for 73, it will kick-off at 76 and back on at 70. It was a little pricey. (Around $150)
There are a few different models out there. Depending on what stove you have, you may want to get a programmable thermostat. Many people have those too. They can be much cheaper than the wireless route. (Depending on model).

Any of the Skytechs will work just fine. The batteries last a whole season and then you can transfer them to remote controls for TV's and flashlights. Just don't get the one that has to have the receiver plugged in. Most have a battery operated receiver. For me a 3 degree swing is too much because the temp will drop another degree or two before the stove begins to recover. I use 1 degree and 'everyone' is happy which keeps ME happy. Mine is a basic 3002 and it works fine.

Amazon and EBay both have a whole range of them.

When we use ours in Thermo mode, we use a 1 degree swing also. I just wanted to state that it goes as high as 3. Some models (Quad's Smart Stat and Smat batt) are only 2 degrees. Set at factory like that. I had one and hated it. Glad it broke after 1 year of use. Got the Skytech now. I'm happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.