Wisconsin Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StickPick73

Sep 30, 2015
Eau Claire, WI
I was at our local Menards here in Western Wisconsin yesterday and noticed a sign above the pellets stating that due to a pellet production shortage, Menards would not honor any price match or low price guarantees, and they're limiting the number of pellets someone can purchase. We had a shortage here late last season, but nothing noticable this season - does anyone know anything about this for this area, or is Menards just full of it (they only carry one brand, Indeck)?

Marth wood supply ( Marathon WI) makes pellets here in WI but they were bought up by some other big brand name in the lasr 2 years , DEJNO'S are made in Racine, Indeck are made in Ladysmith. With the winter as it has been so far seems strange that there would be a short fall at this point.

Reactions: StickPick73
I've noticed a couple of times where website for the Johnson Creek, Wis., Menards lists pellets as out of stock. I've also noticed them switching from Marth to Indeck and back to Marth. That's not so unusual for Menards, but it does suggest they're hustling a bit to keep pellets in the store. I hadn't seen Indeck at my local Menards for several years prior to that.

I haven't bought from Menards this year; a Fleet Farm opened nearby with a stock of Superior pellets. I've found that Superior pellets, eh, aren't so superior.

I was at our local Menards here in Western Wisconsin yesterday and noticed a sign above the pellets stating that due to a pellet production shortage, Menards would not honor any price match or low price guarantees, and they're limiting the number of pellets someone can purchase. We had a shortage here late last season, but nothing noticable this season - does anyone know anything about this for this area, or is Menards just full of it (they only carry one brand, Indeck)?
We are in SE Wisconsin and there is a pellet shortage going on. We have Dejno's delivered and our delivery guy has been out of pellets all season with no word when he will be restocked. We have called the company and they said they are behind and have no definitive answer as to when they will be back on track. So we are loading the car with bags whenever we can-not cheap!.

We are in SE Wisconsin and there is a pellet shortage going on. We have Dejno's delivered and our delivery guy has been out of pellets all season with no word when he will be restocked. We have called the company and they said they are behind and have no definitive answer as to when they will be back on track. So we are loading the car with bags whenever we can-not cheap!.

Is Rusty your Dejnos guy? I've bought pellets from him a couple times, but he's a little far away for me. Nice guy, tho -- hope he's doing OK.

I know another Dejnos vendor up in Dodge County, a small-scale dealer like Rusty. He told me this year he's charging $265/ton. That's a little rich for my taste.

Is Rusty your Dejnos guy? I've bought pellets from him a couple times, but he's a little far away for me. Nice guy, tho -- hope he's doing OK.

I know another Dejnos vendor up in Dodge County, a small-scale dealer like Rusty. He told me this year he's charging $265/ton. That's a little rich for my taste.
Yup! Rusty is our guy. We are lucky as he is just down the road from us.