Wise Investment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geTula

Hearth Supporter
With ice and snow on the ground and the temperature below 19 degrees for the last 4 days, my wife and I have concluded that the Hearthstone Clydsdale we purchased this past summer was one of the better investments we have made recently ;-)

Congratulations, welcome to 'our' warm world of wood heat

Wallstreet journal article on the rolling blackout in Texas today. I would say that was a very smart purchase!

Howdy Neighbor,

I really wanted the Clydsdale but the shop wanted over $5,000.00 for the insert, the parts and the install. I like the lines. I found a used Avalon 1190 insert on Dallas’ CL and I have about $2,000.00 in it total. I have some land from my mom’s estate and I have cutting wood since I was a kid. I love the insert. My wife is warm and we haven’t used much propane this year. You really did the right thing.

Robert

Robert, my Clydsdale set me back about $4600. By the time I realize the tax rebate, my cost will be about $3,300. We really enjoy the large view of the fire and that sucker will pump out the heat when you get it cranked up. Where I live, we were limited on types of inserts available. Looked at 3 dealers that were 85 to 100 miles from us. Only real options were Lopi and Hearthstone, so we chose the Clydsdale. $600 a pop to fill our propane tank last winter convinced up it was time to get more heat from our fireplace. During this cold snap, the only time our central heat came on was after about 2:00 A.M. when the fire ahd burned down. If I hapened to wakeup, I would stoke it up again.

Glad you like that Clydesdale. That and the Regency I3100 are our top selling inserts. Loads of happy customers with them.

They are a great investment, that I'm myself finding out. I use to be comfortable in sweatpants and long Johns. But I now run around in shorts. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.