Wonder if this will affect the release of EPA Phase II?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreBug

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 6, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Obama Administration Abandons Stricter Air-Quality Rules

President Obama abandoned a contentious new air pollution rule on Friday, buoying business interests that had lobbied heavily against it, angering environmentalists who called the move a betrayal and unnerving his own top environmental regulators.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/03/science/earth/03air.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

Right now it seems to indicate the 'ozone regulation' but I wonder how else it might affect NSPS for our industry?

Probably not. EPA Phase II regs went into effect in July of 1990. :coolsmirk:

BrotherBart said:
Probably not. EPA Phase II regs went into effect in July of 1990. :coolsmirk:

You are right, EPA Method 28 was promulgated with the NSPS in February 1988. The 1988 NSPS established two phases, and different emission targets for the two different types of emission control technologies. The first phase, which became mandatory at the manufacturing level in l988, was almost identical to the required Oregon Phase II. In l990, Phase II of the NSPS became mandatory for manufacturers, and was established at 7.5 grams/hour for non-catalytic heaters and 4.1 grams/hour for catalytic heaters.

I should have phrased it the next promulgation. By 'phase' I meant the next legal changes to NSPS.

EPA introduces new laws by phases. First comes the Proposal which should come Jan 2012, Followed by the final Draft about 6 months later, Then the promulgation into law shortly thereafter. It becomes mandatory a few months later for MFG's then possibly a year later for dealers. So that by the time it is fully implemented we are likely looking at 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.