Wondering if they make a hopper extension for harman accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtm4ug

Jan 15, 2014
Martha's vineyard MA
on low basically my stove uses the entire hopper over night. Wish i could double my capacity. Does anyone know if they make a hopper extension for this stove? Quality matters to me so it cant be something makeshift off ebay.

Never seen or heard of one. I just wonder what are you trying to heat that it takes so much fuel?

Heating my 3k sq ft house. Just would like to be able to leave my stove on high and sleep in. I go to bed around 9pm and wake up at 530 am and usually the stove is about empty when its set to a feed rate of 3.

Heating my 3k sq ft house. Just would like to be able to leave my stove on high and sleep in. I go to bed around 9pm and wake up at 530 am and usually the stove is about empty when its set to a feed rate of 3.
This may or may not make any sense to you but have you tried turning the feed rate up to 4 ? Sometimes, depending on conditions, you can do better with more feed because the recovery is faster and the stove can ramp back down and maybe sooner. If recovery is too slow then it stays ramped up really long. You are trying to heat I believe beyond the outer limit of the stove capacity ( 2600 sq ft depending on variables) but still, all I'm saying is maybe give that a shot.

That said, I was thinking that it was the 52i that had three different size hopper options. Not an extension but different hoppers all together. Maybe yours doesn't have the largest one which would give you 1 -1/2 bags worth of burn time if I'm not mistaken .

Another thing you can do is set the stove to run in Constant Burn ( Stove Temp Mode) at a much lower rate and let the central heat cycle on once or twice. It won't run much or for very long. You have to find the right balance is all. I ran my coal stove this way for years in the super cold weather because it had no convection fan, worked great.

Last edited:
your correct alternative the 52i offers a 20" a 22" and a 24" hopper , the 24 " holds 64lbs of pellets

Reactions: bags
Status
Not open for further replies.