won't be long now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onetracker

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2011
rondout valley ny
forecast for low 40's monday night. that's my cue that this long hot summer is done for. sure we'll get a couple of more hot days. a/c is coing out this weekend. gonna clean the chimney (won't be anything in there), ensure that the white pine i'm gonna start burning soon (first time) is covered, re-do the seal on the shop stove, bring up the kindling box. just got my sportsman's license. i LOVE prepping for winter.

forecast for low 40's monday night.
A few nights of that, and I would have to fire up in this place unless daytime temps got into the 70s.

Reactions: ScotO
Gonna be a rainy day Sunday, I figure I can go through the stove and check it out. The "honey do" list is quite long right now, but if I am really good and get all of my work done I can go play in the woods!

Reactions: swagler85 and ScotO
forecast for low 40's monday night. that's my cue that this long hot summer is done for. sure we'll get a couple of more hot days. a/c is coing out this weekend. gonna clean the chimney (won't be anything in there), ensure that the white pine i'm gonna start burning soon (first time) is covered, re-do the seal on the shop stove, bring up the kindling box. just got my sportsman's license. i LOVE prepping for winter.
The drop in night time temp around here typically reminds folks that they have to finish their firewood for the year or that they should actually order a load of logs.

My wife is getting itchy too....once the temperatures dipped into the 50s she wanted me to fire up the stove! LOL.

Funny that my wife and I were just discussing when we would be firing up the stove again. I'm the one who typically has the cold body because of some physical problems but now since she had both a hip and knee replacement this year, she gets cold quickly. It is quite cool in the house right now but I'm not ready to burn wood just yet. Yes, we'll be getting 40's at night too and it won't be long before the 30's come in play.

I'm about sick of this weather in Baltimore. I just finished cutting the grass. It's 8:16 pm, 80 degrees, 67% humidity and 71 degree dew point. Needless to say, I'm drenched in sweat and bitten up by mosquito's. I can't wait for the Big Cool Down!

I'm about sick of this weather in Baltimore. I just finished cutting the grass. It's 8:16 pm, 80 degrees, 67% humidity and 71 degree dew point. Needless to say, I'm drenched in sweat and bitten up by mosquito's. I can't wait for the Big Cool Down!

Welcome to winter in Houston! (I lived there 20 years).

It is starting the cool down at nights but they are saying we will be getting some 80 degree weather coming back in.

zap

I'm itching to load the stove up. I can't wait for cool weather! Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but my favorite time of the year is fall and winter. Cool, crisp nights.......football.......hunting season........snow, LOTS OF SNOW I hope.......Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and then maple syrup season......Yep, my favorite time of the year is just around the corner!!

We spent a few hours prepping our insert Thursday....swept the Cimney....not happy with what I saw, but I knew my wood supply wasn't great last season, and questionable this season also. Had to put in a new switch for the blower....getting to be a yearly thing to replace....JUNK !!!....cleaned out the stove, and I wanted to throw in some sample pieces of wood from my stacks into the fire pit to see if they sizzle, but no fires tonight....77*, and humid as %#$........yes, we can't wait to fire that puppy up

Be careful West Nile is up in that area.;sick

The front just moved through. Oh how nice it is on the front porch, with computer, some jack and coke, and a cigar in hand enjoying this lovely evening. Cant wait for more of these days and temperatures. Enjoy...

Front just pushed thru here as well...not as cool for me down here, but getting the humidity down a bit is fine with me. Its 76 outside and thats fine with me compared to what we have had of late. Supposed to get down to 60 tomorrow night...sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.