woo hoo !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixon

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 6, 2008
West Sunbury ,Pa.
Got the Regency F2400 installed today . it replaces the F2100 that has bee serving Us well for 12 years . Right now , I've got all the windows open while I do a couple of small break in fires. Tomorrow night it looks like it will be needed ,as it's going to be close to 30 .
And , so that this should stay in the wood shed ,the break in wood is Sassafras. Great stuff ! splits easily , seasons out quickly ,and smells almost as good as Black Birch .

Awesome! Good that you get to use the new stove before all the real shear from summer arrives

Awesome! Good that you get to use the new stove before all the real shear from summer arrives
Thanks ! I bought it a while ago , but the weather wasn't very cooperative to change it out . One thing that I do like about it is that it has a 3" deeper fire box than the 2100 that it replaces .

That's cool! I'm buying a new house and will be getting probably 2 stoves for it. Will be looking for an upgrade from what I have as well.

Good to hear you're making some change. I'm in the process of evaluating swapping out the Alterra for a larger box. I know I've got the east/west covered, not sure if it will fit north south before I plunge a hole in the old heatilator plenum. I'm hopeful since I've got a buyer for the Alterra.

If it gets to warm , open some windows :)
Do you have some good shoulder wood?

Got the Regency F2400 installed today . it replaces the F2100 that has bee serving Us well for 12 years
My brother has been running an F2400 for quite a few years and has been very happy with it.
Of course, we will need to see some pics shortly or the questions will start....:cool:

Congrats !!!....who would of thought we'd be using our stoves in mid May

Reactions: ScotO
If it gets to warm , open some windows :)
Do you have some good shoulder wood?
I've got some sassafrass, silver maple and cherry ,other than that it's black birch , or oak . Actually I'm running it now with a small fire and the doors open to get rid of the paint smell . Tonight it's supposed to get down to 30 ,so I'll build a bigger fire later this evening after the paint smell goes away .

I'll build a bigger fire later this evening after the paint smell goes away .

Smart
I installed my new stove in Dec.
Didn't know about the smoke & smell.
Ended up sending the family shopping, & out for lunch while I vented the house with 10° outside air :confused:

Smart
I installed my new stove in Dec.
Didn't know about the smoke & smell.
Ended up sending the family shopping, & out for lunch while I vented the house with 10° outside air :confused:
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do .:)
I bought this stove months ago . But, I put off having it installed until after the heating season . ( or so I thought )
At any rate , I'll be working on the wood that will feed it for the 2018 season and beyond this weekend . :)

Reactions: swagler85
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do .:)
I bought this stove months ago . But, I put off having it installed until after the heating season . ( or so I thought )
At any rate , I'll be working on the wood that will feed it for the 2018 season and beyond this weekend . :)

A good thing to get the bugs out of burning the new stove before the snow is on the ground. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.