Wood Burner for use Pressurised system!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan

Nov 7, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Hi,

Okay so we want to get rid of our ancient diesel boiler, it has two 22mm (feed and return pipes) currently we have two wood burning stoves, but want to replace one with a boiler stove. We are on a budget and cannot afford stoves into 4 figures, however my price range was in the £400-£500, then allowing the system to be changed from a pressurised system into a open system. (my mate is a plumber) but this is a lot of work, plus on top of that, we cannot get the header tanker much higher than 6 inches above the highest rad! He says the vent will also probably be a issue. So after months and months of looking into this, I came across a pressurised wood burning stove. Well I found 2, both around £600-£700, but the one i am really interested in, has a internal cooling coil which is connected to TSV which cools the system when it hits 90C. This apparently stops the system boiling and then obviouly blowing up.

We have been told to add at least 2 if not 3 pressure release valves too. Anyway this system is new to both of us, we have both installed systems before, and he has even built his own. Just wondering if anyone can help.

Heres a link to the stove I am interested in: -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390679970526&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.