Wood burners, we are a special breed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

countybrown

Jan 11, 2015
Wisconsin
I was struck by an epiphany today. Once you start burning wood, you find yourself taking pride and happiness in the little things. Today I saw three things that were all photo worthy to me, and surprise surprise, they all involved the wood stove.

A garage full of wood:
7feae17266ddddb5ea05c7d4fb62d67f.jpg

A hot fire:
bec219225a1a87d433353312f6115c0d.jpg

And a near smokeless burn:
c9e24f83c5f060bcaf7f77d0951b2c86.jpg

Thank you to this community for all the knowledge that's exchanged every burning season. I know that until I started lurking around here, I was not getting the most out of my stove or it's efficiency. Stay warm ladies and gents!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I was struck by an epiphany today. Once you start burning wood, you find yourself taking pride and happiness in the little things. Today I saw three things that were all photo worthy to me, and surprise surprise, they all involved the wood stove.

A garage full of wood:
View attachment 192325

A hot fire:
View attachment 192326

And a near smokeless burn:
View attachment 192327

Thank you to this community for all the knowledge that's exchanged every burning season. I know that until I started lurking around here, I was not getting the most out of my stove or it's efficiency. Stay warm ladies and gents!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
Amen brother...appreciating the very same thing today (e.g. garage full of seasoned wood, hot stove and very clean burn)...especially right now in my part of eastern PA where it is right now around 15 degrees and below with wind chills. I'm listening to the sound of heat pumps running constantly in all the surrounding houses and my only kicks occasionally between loads...it's a beautiful thing:)

I'm sure all of my neighbors thought I was crazy this summer when I was in the back yard spitting 7 rounded pickup loads of bucked wood in the sweltering Alabama heat. I was thinking the same thing about my neighbors' heat pumps.

My second season is going much better than the first with the help of the good folks on this forum

Reactions: Wickets