1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wood consumption in my PH

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Flamestead, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Waulie

Waulie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nothern Lower Michigan
    Maybe, but he reported his flue probe never gets above 500, so it's hard to say he's sending much heat up the flue. I think the extra draft just works like having the draft setting open more for those with normal drafts. Namely, more heat.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HollowHill

HollowHill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    Wow! Love the house, it's looking great. Where'd you get those windows? 12 over 12s are what I need as well. Is that a hipped roof? That's what my house has and the chimneys used to be located where yours are, I've re-instated one of them (kaching, kaching). That's great that you can do the work, I haven't got the requisite skills. Yeah, both my roof and foundation/sills need work desperately. Then new windows and siding. Then redo the mudroom/woodshed and garage. Then the barn needs work. Its starting to look like its going to be a race as to who keels over first, the house or me...
  3. Flamestead

Flamestead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Windsor County, Vermont
    The windows are from Paradigm, a company in Maine. They are vinyl, double pane (triple available), with the dividers only between the glass. Many, many of hours of angst spent on that decision. Close to 40 new windows, so we had to make concessions. I see on their website they now offer different exterior profiles to better match different styles. They also did the two palladian windows (hidden by the scaffolding) to match the original. We replaced a 15' section of foundation and a 24' section of sill. One side left to redo, and I know it has more sill work in store for us. Yes, a hipped roof. It is slate and high, so I stay off it. I wish I had a photo of the liner being installed - the sweep who did it was fearless. I'll be sure to catch him up there for stove #2's liner. We did one side of the house completely on our own, hired a little help for the next side, and more for the current side because we are so slow.