Wood Delivered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I started delivering some wood we sold on Sunday and took one load over tonight. Just some pictures of the truck with the load of wood and coming through the trail (needs more width in certain areas) plus a picture of some blow down just off the trail.

I think on Tuesday afternoon some cherry by the swamp will be bucked up and brought out if the weather is like today. The skeeters in that area rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr real bad.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3136.jpg
    100_3136.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 492
  • 100_3137.jpg
    100_3137.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 502
  • 100_3138.jpg
    100_3138.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 497
  • 100_3139.jpg
    100_3139.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 100_3140.jpg
    100_3140.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 491
No rest at all for Zap!

Sav and Smokin, it feels like a year since I've been cutting (about two weeks) so tonight I'm grabbing a load of cherry from above the swamp. This weekend I'll start on that downed beech on the side hill which has been down since before the 16th of April.

Zap

I have got to get working again. It has been a while...

gibir said:
Sav and Smokin, it feels like a year since I've been cutting (about two weeks) so tonight I'm grabbing a load of cherry from above the swamp. This weekend I'll start on that downed beech on the side hill which has been down since before the 16th of April.

Zap

I pulled in a 3/4 cord load today. After stacking it and my milling ends, I should have my magic number. All stack and ready, One saws men cord! :coolgrin:

FireAnt said:

FireAnt, nice hearing from you again. The weather on the east coast has really sucked for cutting.

Zap

FireAnt said:

With those saws and splitter GET YOU BOOOST ON! :lol:

smokinjay said:
gibir said:

Zap

I pulled in a 3/4 cord load today. After stacking it and my milling ends, I should have my magic number. All stack and ready, One saws men cord! :coolgrin:

Good deal Smokin, after tonight when I cut some cherry it will be beech and sugar maple before anything else. It would be nice if I can get just under two cord with the beech and sugar maple we have down.

Zap

gibir said:
smokinjay said:
gibir said:

Zap

Good deal Smokin, after tonight when I cut some cherry it will be beech and sugar maple before anything else. It would be nice if I can get just under two cord with the beech and sugar maple we have down.

Zap

Saws man cord is 10 cords and in my case my cords are 10 rows 21 foot long by 16 to 24 inch wide. Almost there! ;-)

gibir said:
FireAnt said:

FireAnt, nice hearing from you again. The weather on the east coast has really sucked for cutting.

Zap

Wet and cool here... I've been busy and not around here much. I have been playing with my band so much on the weekends I had to give it up. I can get back to family and splitting.

smokinjay said:
FireAnt said:

The 460 has about 5 minutes on it... if that...

FireAnt said:
smokinjay said:
FireAnt said:

The 460 has about 5 minutes on it... if that...

Should be fun if you have someone to move and stack it! lol ;-)

The Tiger skeeters are supposedly showing up here already.

billb3 said:
The Tiger skeeters are supposedly showing up here already.

billb3, went back in above the swamp and cut up the downed cherry and the skeeters were gone which made me a happy cutter.

Zap

zapny said:
and the skeeters were gone which made me a happy cutter.

Must be the fall weather we've been enjoying. Went from AC to closed windows trying to keep the heat in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.