Wood For Next Year - Part Time Burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenr1c

Hearth Supporter
Oct 22, 2006
I try to get my wood a year ahead. So these 2 cords will go into the Jotul 602 next year. We are almost done burning for this year. Before I stacked the wood I had to rebuild the deck. The joist had cracked cuz I just didn't use enough bracing in the floor. Regards, Mike

Attachments

• Wood 2008.JPG
    Wood 2008.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 393
Mike, the only suggestion I'd give would be to uncover that wood pile and leave it uncovered until the fall rains hit. This will allow for much better evaporation and your wood will dry much faster. You'll appreciate that next winter.

Are you sure that is two cords of wood? Or maybe two face or rick cords? A cord of wood is 4' x 4' x 8" or 128 cu. ft.

This is what I did last year and had pretty good results. But I will think about your advice. I always hate it when it rains on my wood. Hence the cover.

2 Cords .......? I think so. The deck is 14' long by 4' wide and the stacks are 5' +. So just about but no more.

thanks for the look, Mike

Either way, that's a healthy lookin' supply..................

Status
Not open for further replies.