wood furnace in pole barn?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will have a propane furnace in the shop as well. Like i said there will be bathroom, and sinks and what not out there so i can always crank that thing up to pump out heat until the furnace or stove which ever i decide on can take over.

X2 on the hot blast. At my old place I had a 40x50 with 10' ceiling detached garage. I could take the garage from 38* to 60* in an hour or two depending on outside temp. I used the hot blast for heating the garage to de-ice vehicles and fix stuff when I had to work on projects during the weekend. Probably burned around 1.5 cords per year of so so wood.

I had a couple elbows out the top and point the heat where I need it.

Also the stock fan motors crapped out so I took a larger single fan and used it to move the air. It works so much better than stock.

Last edited:
Sounds like we may have finally figured out what a HB is good for...to heat weekend warriors out in the garage! I guess they live up to their name

Yup, had one in the house too....Hated the damn thing. Always messing with air damper, short burn times, cold mornings....I can go on, but I loved the one in my garage.
Took the one out of our house too! Lol. Prefect for the pole barn. Have an insert and a Harman pellet stove in the house now, oh! And geothermal! This weekend warrior loves that!

Status
Not open for further replies.