1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

wood haulin’ mobile: OBW

Post in 'The Gear' started by toonces, Dec 25, 2011.

1. toonces

toonces Member

Loc:
    Farmington Valley, CT
    just curious if anyone hauls wood in their Outback wagon and how much they can fit in there. it's the only mode of transport i have and wonder if i should just fill the wagon part, or fold down the back seats and fill it to the brim. obviously, i'd do less trips with the extra space, but i'm not so sure the car can handle all the weight. any experience?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Wood Duck

Wood Duck Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central PA
    I used to haul wood in a saturn SL2 sedan. I could fold the back seats down to connect the trunk with the back seats and I could fit 6 ft pieces in there. The space could fit more wood than the suspension could handle, especially heavy wood like oak. I bet your car is similar so don't stuff it full.
  3. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

I usually use the long jeep and my trailer, but when I have the outback, folding the seats and filing it up no problem. As a car goes, outbacks are no joke. We love it. Good luck