Wood ID please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got several that are at least 12" diameter, and those are in the woods. But a lot of times, they die off before they get that big. I'm using dead ones about 5-6" to stack wood on. Field Guide sez "1.5 ft, sometimes bigger."
There is one in front of my farm house or my granmothers house that has been there for as long as i remember well i could say at least 15 years that i positively know of. it is like 2"s in diameter. It does not get much top light as there are big ceders beside it but its on the road side so it gets plenty of light from the side of the road.

I oversee logging operations and we never have them cut that are any bigger than a few inches that i ever see on the ground after they cut. I guess some could be on the pulpwood truck that i did not see the foliage but i normally would see it as i would guess the bark not to look like anything else?

i need to look at the range, maybe were right on the edge of the range or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.