Wood ID Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gzecc said:
Mike, Looks like black walnut, I'm in Bedminster, want to get rid of it? I have a trailer!

Didn't you just post about finding more Oak then you could get for yourself?

I guess one can never get enough!

I'm just messin with ya - but I'm the same too!

Mike821 said:
OK so if I cut and split the wood would I be able to sell it green lets say for 100 a cord this year? It is my dead season as a landscaper and need some other income for some $$$$. What price would you pay for a cord of locust green now?

Mike,

Darn near every wood seller in NNJ sells what's mostly green wood. A full cord of black locust should go for $ 180- 200 around here. No way you should let it go for $ 100.

The pic in my avatar is Black Locust.

I agree - Mulberry or Black Locust - both are excellent. I say it's BL. Splits like a dream, seasons well, burns great.

Keep this lot to yourself and split all you can. Even the cherry is excellent firewood. Sell it now or later.

A-cord-ingLEE said:
Eye'll kiss the azz of every1 on this forum if'n that ain't low-cussed.

Quick edit the pic.....lookee2b hiho silver lol

Attachments

• 361.jpg
    361.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 208
A-cord-ingLEE said:
Ok i changed my mind it is definitely locust

yes, there is no doubt, its black locust for sure.

PA. Woodsman said:
A-cord-ingLEE said:

With or without pants on lol.....
Ok now my feeling is going from low-cussed to dis-gussed.

That's about as locusty as it gets.

Good thing I don't want my a$$ kissed by a lumberjack, but that was one heck of an invite. Would we all get together and stand in a line or would you meet us individually?

FLINT said:
Definitely black locust.

it can be plenty yellow like that.

Second that further. The high density is also a give-away.

And, if it really makes a saw work, bingo!

Great stuff, grows like a weed on some local sites.

Only down-side- the bark has high mineral content- relatively lots of ash.

Mulberry or Hedge and I aint letting nobody kiss my ash. :cheese:

Battenkiller said:
That's about as locusty as it gets.

Good thing I don't want my a$$ kissed by a lumberjack, but that was one heck of an invite. Would we all get together and stand in a line or would you meet us individually?

Whoa, whoa, whoooaaa!!!!!! Dohnt evreebuddy go cashin' in there frequent flier miles !!!!!!! No1 is goin' nowhere!!!!! :kiss:

IT IS LOW-CUSSED! :vampire:

Status
Not open for further replies.