wood ID Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Got two truck loads of this stuff today. Rounds are pretty big and heavy as all heck. Got if off of a Craigslist post. They still have plenty more but she mentioned that she had gotten over 10 calls since last night. So I figure Id let someone else get some of the stuff. She diddnt know what kind of tree it is only that it was very big and dropped too many leaves. Thanks All. w.JPGww.JPGwww.JPG

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
I'd have to it is maple also, not sure what kind though

Thanks guys. It was close to our home too. i will most likely split it saturday and sunday. Buying this truck was one of the best things Ive done. At $250 a cord I will have paid for it in a few more loads.

I agree with the maple, I think it's hard maple, premium wood ;)
Dries pretty quick & burns hot.
Nice score

I agree on maple, and tend to think it is Sugar Maple.

Hard Maple no questions.

Go Kat go! Can't make syrup from it now so burn it and you'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.