Wood lot massacre. Warning: crime scene photos.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
Yes, box elder is in the maple family and most give it a bad rap.

Which is why it's probably worth becoming and expert in burning the wood others look down on.

Because when they are fighting for oak you will be sitting warm and smug with your free wood.

Nothing beats free btu's ;-)

Now that is some pretty wood there. I got one scrounge of it, was told it was like Mulberry, so I took a good load. Heavy when wet, balsa wood like when dry. Well I know one thing it didn't split like yours did. Mine tree had spun grains and made some ugly splits. But the one good thing about it is, it catches fire easily. So I've been using it on the first fire of the day, its been workiing out nicely this way. But free is always good.

Blue Vomit said:
It was ugly today... I cut into the first one and must have hit an artery. I ran inside to get some quick clot but it was too late. She bled like a stuck pig! After splitting, my yard looked more like a slaughter house than a wood lot. When I finished, I had a wierd craving for bacon.

That is some great humor!

I guess you'll just have to incinerate/cremate the carcasses.

I think Jimmy Hoffa was buried under that tree.

Blue Vomit said:
It was ugly today... I cut into the first one and must have hit an artery. I ran inside to get some quick clot but it was too late. She bled like a stuck pig! After splitting, my yard looked more like a slaughter house than a wood lot. When I finished, I had a wierd craving for bacon.

Anyone see this before? I assume it is some sort of fungus?

Great post! Mmmmmm, bacon.

Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Say what??? What kind of name for a lake is that???

Bacon and eggs, YUM!

Oregon Bigfoot

Oregon Bigfoot said:
Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Say what??? What kind of name for a lake is that???

Bacon and eggs, YUM!

Oregon Bigfoot

A very long one =)

Wow it looks like box elder but never have I seen it like that ! It looks like it screamed the whole way down I thought I heard some loud noises today :lol:

Happy new year !
Pete

BrotherBart said:
I think Jimmy Hoffa was buried under that tree.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BUST A GUT Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :exclaim:

Thanks for sharing the pics. I've never seen box elder before. That is an impressive looking wood. Very red. I'm glad I saw it here and not in the field. I would have turned off my saw and done a body check!

basswidow said:
Thanks for sharing the pics. I've never seen box elder before. That is an impressive looking wood. Very red. I'm glad I saw it here and not in the field. I would have turned off my saw and done a body check!

When the saw was buzzin and the blood red sawdust was flyin you can imagine what was going through my head! I'll sum it up for you..."WTF!"

Status
Not open for further replies.