wood pallets- and uses...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceisasolid

Jan 3, 2011
North Central Idaho
I was reading on backwoodshome.com and they were talking about other uses of pallets other than burning... fence, dog house, snow break, wind break, chicken coop. Anyway you probably know all stuff, but I figured I'd suggest a little. I am thinking I will use some of them to make my wood shed and also as readymade side supports for the truck for hauling wood when I need it.

Happy heating,

-Ray

I have seen some nice fences, sheds, etc made with pallets. How great it is to get them free!

Never thought about using it as snow fence. I would - but I am sure it wouldn't look great for my neighbors .

My wood cribs are composed entirely of pallets. Nail them together, with an old 2x4 as a cross brace, then throw a blue roof (tarp) over it all and voila! wood storage!

I did use them for the woodshed...

Attachments

• woodshed.jpg
    woodshed.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 478
Seems to me someone here built a woodshed out of pallets and it looked really sharp . . . I mean to the point of looking as good as a shed built out of conventional lumber.

Oh yeah, also remembered . . . guy where I grew up built a house out of pallets. I went by the other day though and noticed that at some point someone has torn down that house.

firefighterjake said:
Seems to me someone here built a woodshed out of pallets and it looked really sharp . . . I mean to the point of looking as good as a shed built out of conventional lumber.

I KNOW it wasn't mine...

shawneyboy said:
firefighterjake said:

I KNOW it wasn't mine...

It may not have been your shed . . . but the important thing is your woodshed is functional . . . I imagine there are more than a few guys in CT right now who would love to have a woodshed like yours right about now rather than digging through the snow.

I used them to to cover the walls of my garage. It was a labor intensive chore of dismantling each pallet but the effect turned out really nice. I've had a lot of nice comments on it.

flash49 said:
I used them to to cover the walls of my garage. It was a labor intensive chore of dismantling each pallet but the effect turned out really nice. I've had a lot of nice comments on it.

Do you have a picture?

shawneyboy said:
I did use them for the woodshed...
I love that type of wood shed, reminds me of when I was a kid and you saw a lot of buildings like that.

Here is a pic of my wood shed, it is built almost entirely of scrounged pallets. The roof is made from 3" X 4" X 1/2" plywood from Chinese pallets we get at work. The framework is made form 1/2" X 5" wood that came from some large pallets I got at a shop near me.

Believe it or not the roof held up to all the snow we had. ( I did shovel it off after each storm.)

Attachments

• Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 298
  • PDR_0078.jpg
    PDR_0078.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 276
Status
Not open for further replies.