Wood processed today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2012
northern michigan
Finally got around go getting my own wood CSS for this year, I know I'm a bit late but the wood that I'm will be burning this year is all standing dead ash so it's already less than 27%. Some of its down in the low 20s, figure it won't be too bad to burn come November. Far left two rows are ash and the row on the right is the maple that wont be good for a year or so. i have close to 3 cord of ash and 1 cord of maple, all was cut to 24". Any how here's some pics.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Looking good...

Like the processor

You've got nice toys, I wanna come play at you're house. Nice job, & thank goodness for ash. It saved me this spring. A C

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice stacks, nice processor. Got lots of work done there.

Nice splitter ! and nice racks of wood
:cool:

Sounds to me like you will do fine. You burn what ya got and we still have some sun and wind time before we need it.

Very nice.
Spoiled a bit,
but real nice . :)

How much can you process per hour ?

yeah with those toys..all the logs in the background would be done....and i would have fun doing them

Nice processing area. 24" splits. You must have a big stove?

Thanks guys! I can process about 1 cord an hour when doing big wood like that. When I process 16" fine split wood it takes a little longer. I bought a Garn 1500 wood boiler this spring (that i still need to pick up and install) and from what I read 24" seems to be the best length.

Reactions: Trooper
Thanks guys! I can process about 1 cord an hour when doing big wood like that. When I process 16" fine split wood it takes a little longer. I bought a Garn 1500 wood boiler this spring (that i still need to pick up and install) and from what I read 24" seems to be the best length.

Curtis, nice looking stacks! What is on the bottom of stacks that keeps the wood off the ground? And are those T-posts on the sides?

I was wondering how the heck you got so much done in a day ... until pictures 2 & 3 showed up. What a cool machine. Good job!

Nice production line!

It worked out pretty good with my wife running the processor and me keeping the deck full and stacking. I will say that my back is a bit sore though.

I can relate to that Curtis. It just seems right with the wife working along side of me, or in front, or behind, or.....

Love the look of all ash stacks. Real clean looking.
Quick drying, if standing dead..nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.