Wood-Propane-Oil>>All up in price..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
We have lived in our current location for 20 years. When we moved here, oil was 45 cents a litre,wood was $50 a full cord delivered. Today oil is $1.10 per litre, wood is $160 per cord delivered, and propane is 85 cents a litre. Sorry guys, I`m only on my 2nd cup of coffee this morning, so not going to do the conversion to gallons for ya. But you see the story,(all tripled in 20 years) . *In my books wood is still the best value for the buck. Nicer heat and still more economical too boot!!

Yep, gasoline was 86 US cents per US gallon 15 years ago and now it is 3.09 here in my town. I agree.

Now for us, the price of wood hasn't really changed much. I have noticed that you can pay a much larger range of prices for the same cord though. Between 120$ and 250$ for the same species. Need to shop around and not forget about the guy on teh side of the road with a half cord in his truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.