Wood rack that bolts to the studs in a wall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NBABUCKS1

May 9, 2013
Wasatch Front, UT
I am trying to find a rack that will fit in my space. I want a rack similar to somehting like this with the sides

71Rw7oXgGFL._SL1500_.jpg

but instead of having a bottom, I just want the sides. And I want the sides to bolt into the studs of my drywall. Does any such product exist?

You can buy just the sides, they're made to use 2xs attached but you could forego the 2x and rig something up.

Not sure how that'd work out. If it was mounted right against the wall, the logs would just barely be on the rail. Think about the damage you'd do to the drywall, pushing the logs against it. And when the rack is loaded the stress would be significant!

Status
Not open for further replies.