1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wood request letter

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by iskiatomic, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iskiatomic

iskiatomic Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    Hello all, I believe it was before the holidays there was a topic about asking for wood from someones property. Whether it is best to knock on the door or leave a letter. Anyway, one person had a "stock" letter pretty much ready to go and shared with us. I went searching for it with no luck. Can anyone help me locate this topic and or the letter.

KC

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Duetech

Duetech Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S/W MI
  3. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

Here it is again for anyone who would like to use it. I find this works well for properties that are heavily wooded and set back from the road. It's much less intrusive than pulling into someone's driveway, etc...

Head of Household
    123 Any Road
    Anytown, USA

Dear Sir or Madame,

My name is __________ and I pass by your property everyday during my commute to __________. Recently I noticed a sizable downed tree that had been cut up and moved to the side of the road near your driveway. I heat my home with wood and would be happy to remove this wood for you free of charge with your permission of course. I would also gladly remove any other downed trees that have fallen on your property if you wish. If you would like this wood removed, please call me at __________ (Cell), or email me at __________ Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,