Wood request letter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
Hello all, I believe it was before the holidays there was a topic about asking for wood from someones property. Whether it is best to knock on the door or leave a letter. Anyway, one person had a "stock" letter pretty much ready to go and shared with us. I went searching for it with no luck. Can anyone help me locate this topic and or the letter.

KC

Here it is again for anyone who would like to use it. I find this works well for properties that are heavily wooded and set back from the road. It's much less intrusive than pulling into someone's driveway, etc...

Head of Household
123 Any Road
Anytown, USA

Dear Sir or Madame,

My name is __________ and I pass by your property everyday during my commute to __________. Recently I noticed a sizable downed tree that had been cut up and moved to the side of the road near your driveway. I heat my home with wood and would be happy to remove this wood for you free of charge with your permission of course. I would also gladly remove any other downed trees that have fallen on your property if you wish. If you would like this wood removed, please call me at __________ (Cell), or email me at __________ Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Status
Not open for further replies.