Wood score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
We have had some storms last week and driving down the road going to work I see this tree down.I stopped by and put a postit
20200609_102624.jpg
20200609_102629.jpg
20200609_102645.jpg note on the door and she just gave me the ok.. I be picking up this free wood this weekend.. the tree is oak and is 35 inches at the base with alot of 18 in stuff mid way..

I would say that is quite the score! Nice straight wood and conveniently located. Even with the large base size, it should not be too hard to split with that straight grain.

Lot of wood. Great score! I would have to buy a new larger chainsaw.

... I took a large beech from a neighbor's property last weekend. I need to buck and split that first. I don't have the space right now. But I appreciate the gesture ...

You need to change your signature, then. :)

I took a large beech from a neighbor's property last weekend. I need to buck and split that first. I don't have the space right now. But I appreciate the gesture.

just looking out for a fellow burner.. i got my neighbor on this action also..its alot of tree and I'm sitting on 3+cords of log length.. my addiction gets the best of me

Great score!! And the type if wood is a major bonus!! Looks like a fairly easy job too, vs my recent oak score which involved cleaning the tree out of 3 neighbors yards...

I'm estimating my oak score is about 2-3 cords once it gets all cut. You certainly can never have enough wood and in a cruel display of irony my tree guy showed up yesterday morning with a log load for me but my wife turned him away because our backyard is awash in a sea of oak rounds and there's no room for logs at the moment :(

What a score! Beautiful oak, easy to get to, and free.
I need some of that wood, mind if I drive up and get a load? I have a Nissan Frontier.
I live in North Carolina.

What a score! Beautiful oak, easy to get to, and free.
I need some of that wood, mind if I drive up and get a load? I have a Nissan Frontier.
I live in North Carolina.
by the time u get up here us vultures will have picked that carcass clean bro....
LOL

so this is what the tree looked like at 11.30 am.. The would vultures have descended. I got 2 dump truck loads and my friend filled his 16ft dump trailer 2xs... there more to get and we will go back i a couple of weeks.. heres some picks of the rounds.. the 562xp ripped through this trunk the stuff was 32..33 inches.. the last
pic that part is 53in wide
20200613_114403.jpg
20200613_163959.jpg
20200613_164036.jpg
20200613_164013.jpg