Wood shed finished - and half filled

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice -guessing that's about year's worth when full?

I think we burn closer to 5 cords a year, so it may not quite hold everything we need. But I'll put 2/3 of a cord of shoulder season stuff and uglies up on the covered porch in the coming weeks and we should be all set for the year.

That looks great! I like the way it uses the barn without actually leaning on it.

No, it's connected. There's a 2x8 ledger board along the side of the barn about eight feet up that the rafters tie into.

good job. You will love it.

You all got me thinking about a shed too. I've got a shed/girls old playhouse that is now just a catch all for summer pool supplies and winter patio furniture. I've been thinking of building off the side with a matching salt box roof and extending that out 12 feet. I'm getting tired of the tarps.

That's just cool as hell.

Thanks for the motivation. I will start working on mine in about 2 weeks will post pics. Great shed. Sit back and fill it up

Roofing was custom ordered at my local lumberyard and cut to the proper length [9 feet], but ended up being cheaper than the 8-footers they sell at Lowes. So no cutting and less money - a no brainer. The panels - made by Metal Sales - are attached to the purlins with painted screws from the manufacturer that come with rubber washers.

I cheaped out and just used silicone caulk to flash where it meets the barn.

That's very nice ! I especially like the way you did the gravel base . I may borrow that idea on a shed that I plan to build for seasoning wood .

I really don't like the gravel base. Mainly because it makes me wonder why I didn't go that route.

Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.