Wood shed getting low, 37° & fill the woodbox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Wood shed volume, section for 12/13 , getting down there.
Gray day, mild temps filled the woodbox.
Mostly spruce, forecast for a week of day time highs in the 30°s
Wood shed getting low, 37° & fill the woodbox Wood shed getting low, 37° & fill the woodbox

Wood shed getting low, 37° & fill the woodbox Wood shed getting low, 37° & fill the woodbox

Today's mts:

Nice set-up Dave. I assume you will burning 24/7 through the whole of winter. I will be trying to do this come June - August this year. I tried my 12 month seasoned wood last weekend and it burns beautifully - so much better than last year when it was pretty green. All hardwood. What is your typical set-up with the stove - ie how often do you fill her up. We might struggle as we both work full time so not sure how we are going to manage?

Thanks for the mountains ;)

You have six more weeks of winter?

Reactions: ScotO
Great setup Dave and great view as usual! Hope you don't run out of wood! That wood chute is awesome.. All you need is a conveyor so you can load up from the wood shelter directly to the chute! :)

Ray

Reactions: ScotO
Hey Dave. We're gaining about 2-4 minutes of light a day..what about you??

It looks as though you will have enough wood for this year, no?

Great view Bogy, it/s been damp or cold here since September, had more shoulder season wood ready for the 2012-13 heating season so I think we will burn the same amount of our better wood.

Cool Dave. Cool. Thanks.

Umm. ;em I think someone made a mistake today.? I think we got your temps and you got ours Dave. Could we switch those back now?

Reactions: raybonz
12/13 Wood is gonna be close. The back row of the section for 13/14 is 2+ yrs CSS (if needed)

More like 8 more weeks of winter.

Daylight: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=18

Here we'll b gaining over 5-1/2 minutes/day soon:
Sun up to 15 ° above the horizen soon . Will feel some heat form it then :)

Anchorage AK:

I wish,... another 8-10 weeks.

Thanks for the mountains ;)

You have six more weeks of winter?

I have burned about 1.75 cords so far. Have another ~5 ready to burn so I'm not too worried

Status
Not open for further replies.