1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

wood shed light

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by micaaronfl, Mar 30, 2013.

1. micaaronfl

micaaronfl Member

Loc:
    pennsylvania
    my shed pic attached, looking for a new lantern, any suggestions? the one i have doesnt throw much light off and its supposed to be used for camping. i also dont have electricity out there and i stary aways from anything solar powered as sometime i go out late tog get wood (i know solar lights dont last very long after sundown.

Lastly i can probably get one more wall in, anyone want to tell me how much more i can get in there? im thinking another cord?

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Head lamp...best when you have no electricity.
    Backwoods Savage and nate379 like this.
  3. jdp1152

jdp1152 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Get an LED lantern or head lamp. You'd be surprised what an asset a head lamp is for working around the house.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

I installed dbl flood light, but the kind you can plug into an outlet and has a motion sensor. Right when I go down the deck steps and head to the woodshed it kicks on.
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I bought a Solar powered Motion activated flood light. $40 shipped from FleaBay nd it's been workin like a charm. It's bright enough to get the job done and you can adjust sensitivity and length of time the light is on. The Solar panel swivels and can be mounted to anything. I liked it so much, I bought one for my porch. As soon as you walk up the steps..... Bam!! Spotlight in your face! lol... :)
  6. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Head lamp. Led light that hooks to a ball cap.

Another cord at least, stacked to the roof. ;)
  7. blacktail

blacktail Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western WA
    How far from the house? I just aimed one of the flood lights on my deck to light up my shed.
  8. weatherguy

weatherguy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Mass
    I was planning on getting one of the motion sensored solar lights mentioned in this thread, the juice shouldnt run out if it only goes on for 15 minutes or so when your at the wood pile.
  9. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    I have two different wide angle head lights , and wouldn't want to be with out either one, where ever U look , there is light. Use them a lot,lot for every thing.
    If it gets dark on me while splittin w splitter , I use ,a head light and, hang up the 19v Crafts. light

spin_prod_209009601.jpg
    Redlegs likes this.
  10. Redlegs

Redlegs Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Eastern Kansas
    +1 vote for the LED headlamps. I think I have a dozen LED headlamps around. They are in the cars, the house, the shop and the emergency kits.
    HDRock likes this.
  11. Tuneighty

Tuneighty Member

Loc:
    SC PA
    The solar spot lights at wally world have on/off switches so they can last longer into the evening. $10 in this area.
  12. oldspark

oldspark Guest

Park your truck out there with the headlights on.;)
  13. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I debated about going with solar, but after several local break-ins I opted to go with A/C double flood lights on a motion sensor . . . of course one of the several lights I purchased just happens to be mounted on the woodshed in a fashion so that it lights up the shed at night. ;)
  14. Hills Hoard

Hills Hoard Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    led head lamp as said above. Or maybe google led strips.. I have seen a few different battery powered set ups camping that throw off good light, and take up next to no room...
  15. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    You can always get one of those cheapo wall mount push on/off battery op lights. Inexpensive and they work pretty well.
    Hard to tell how tall the shed is. Guessing at 7' H x 16' W x 18" splits would be 1.31 cord.
    If the splits are 16" then it would be 1.13 cord