Wood shed mod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find my board stretcher, so I cut a little, test fit, cut more, test fit.........
It wasn't as bad as it sounds. After the first couple, things went smoothly.
I was trying to get the studs to fall in the middle of splits for support.
Rulers, we don't need no stinkin' rulers!

I look at that great shed and think of the twelve by twenty four one I built twenty years ago. Too far from the house and it got filled with other crap. Now the one behind the garage is great but ain't nothing I would post pictures of lately. But with the walkway I don't tread snow or mud anymore either.

And the first one, the only "construction" I have ever done, is looking like it wants to fall down. <>

Reactions: PapaDave
Ok Dave, finally got the pics. First one is pine from the splitter, 2nd is the 1st stack of Oak I'm taking to the shed.
IMG_20130815_203511_082[1].jpgIMG_20130815_203531_191[1].jpg

Reactions: smokinj
Alrighty then. I'm crankin' some firewood now.
As Scotty said, I'm "crackin' on some firewood stackin'".
Not.
This "massive" stack is just slightly less than 1/2 cord. I started last Tues., as you'll note from the OP. This is as of yesterday evening.
I think I hate my wheelbarrow.
I can't wait to get the tractor and trailer back from the shop. That's when the "crackin' on the stackin' " shall really commence.
IMG_20130818_153230_855[1].jpg
2 more rows in front of this one, then the Pine from the other side gets put in, then Maple.
The L/H side will then get a couple more rows of Oak, then Maple, then Pine and Poplar.

After using the shed for a year (winter- 2010), I decided I don't like cross stacking in the shed (or anywhere else), so wanted to build a partition between the 2 sides of the shed.
A few 2x4s, a little time walking back and forth to the shop to make cuts (and recuts:mad:), my Paslode, and a level, and I've got my wall.
View attachment 108403

Nice--how many cords can you fit in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.