Wood Shed Pics?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schortie

Nov 6, 2008
michigan
I'm sure it's been done before, but with so many of us just now building our sheds, it would be great to see a variety of approaches. So, if you have a pic - post it. I'll be sure to post mine when it's finished.

This is what was at my house when I bought it last year. I plan to take it down and build a nice shed this fall.
Firewood001.gif

Firewood003.gif

Thanks for the links. I just wanted to see some pics of cool woodsheds that perhaps we haven't seen before. I guess I just can't get enough.

Here's mine. Just a simple lean to off the garage.

Attachments

• 100_0704.jpg
    100_0704.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,106
  • 100_0705.jpg
    100_0705.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,095
Todd said:

niceeeeeeee!
how much wood you got there?

iceman said:
Todd said:

niceeeeeeee!
how much wood you got there?

Thanks, 6 cords of Oak and Black Locust. I could probably squeeze in more but I only go through 3 cords per year.

Here are a couple pics of mine, I just put the finishing touches on it recently. It was made with mostly recycled skids, with pallets for a floor. The Tarp roof is secured on the sides with sand filled PVC pipe. I figure I have about 4 cords in there now, should be plenty for next winter.

Attachments

• PDR_0072.JPG
    PDR_0072.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 922
  • Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 907
All of you guys have some fine looking sheds and all that wood represents a lot of hard, but enjoyable work. Just think of all the dollars you'll be saving for many years now.

I'm going to be building my wood shed this summer. Keep the pics coming guys! I too would like to see what others have done. No point in reinventing the wheel!

-SF

Heres mine B4 it was finished last fall. Holds about 5 cords

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 800
This is my shed. It's about 5 years old. If I would do it all over again, I'd go a bit bigger and use more posts sunk into the ground. This one holds about 3 cords, which is how much I hope to keep my total burning down to next year. 1/2 is full of ash and oak cut and split over the winter. I use the other 1/2 of it for summer storage of lawnmower, and other implements of destruction.

The decking is 2x6" over 2 x 10" joists. There is a sag in the middle of it after about 3 years. The only posts that go below our frost line are the 4 corners. The middle supports were really afterthoughts as I was building. What I'm most proud of is the roof. It's standing seam metal that a friend had left over from his house. Lead coated Stainless steel! It will outlast the rest of the shed (and me, and my house, and, and, and...)

Last pix are of some other stacks I have. You can see my Holz Haus in the background.

Attachments

• CIMG9118.JPG
    CIMG9118.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 801
  • CIMG9119.JPG
    CIMG9119.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 776
  • CIMG9120.JPG
    CIMG9120.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 785
Ran out of room, here are pix of some of my other stacks. (2010 and 2011 wood)

Attachments

• CIMG9121.JPG
    CIMG9121.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 786
Status
Not open for further replies.