Wood shed wood dry, outside stacks white

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 8 hrs of plowing today. The poor 6.0L Chev 3500 was having a hell of a time. Burned through almost 30 gals of gas.

We are supposed to have 2 Bobcats, and a Tool Cat but they have been in the shop for service for over a month now. Just have the Chev and a CAT IT28 with 14ft blade.

Not sure how many miles of road we have, but it's alot.

Single digits this AM . 8°f.
Cold dry air is sucking the moisture out of the snow today , foggy (dew point 8° )
Back to normal here . :)

tdy w.jpg

The weird thing is that it's about 30* out here in Los Anchorage. Was 6* when I left the house this morning.

The weird thing is that it's about 30* out here in Los Anchorage. Was 6* when I left the house this morning.
I noticed a brief warm up in Alaska this week, Fairbanks wasnt 30-40 below for a change. Its snow season now isnt it?

I noticed a brief warm up in Alaska this week, Fairbanks wasnt 30-40 below for a change. Its snow season now isnt it?

Getting ready to get cold now.
Like most places, Late Dec & Jan are the coldest days.

March seems to be the snow month.

Umm yea about that Dennis, it's pretty slow in the shop. I'm bettin I could play hookey a day next week & come get some chainsaw lessons if you're up for it. A C

AC, I'm sure our good friend Dennis knows a thing a 2 about handling a chainsaw. He's been around the block I suspect a few dozens times! It's just at some point he must had a freak fall and hit his head and this resulted in his BACKWARDS splitting method! :D

Sorry Dave, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

AC, I'm sure our good friend Dennis knows a thing a 2 about handling a chainsaw. He's been around the block I suspect a few dozens times! It's just at some point he must had a freak fall and hit his head and this resulted in his BACKWARDS splitting method! :D

;lol

Well, you are right about that fall. It happend this fall and I'm still paying a super high price for it. It is getting difficult to get anything done around here, but we try and will keep on trying.

Ouch! I wasn't aware of that Dennis. Do you need some help? I would be more than happy to stop by and haul, move, cut, split, or EAT one of those Mrs Backwoods pies! :)

Reactions: ScotO
Sorry about that. Yes, it was not fun. If I needed help, at this point I'd be almost afraid to ask for fear too many folks would show up and we'd cut down our whole woods in one weekend! But as you are aware, we do have plenty of wood on hand ready to burn so help really is not needed....yet. I will keep it in mind though and thank you.

Yea, a thing or two about handling chainsaws is an understatement. Like I said, I'm gonna show up over there some day & get me some lessons. The pie would be a real bonus.;lol A C

Don't tempt me, Dave.....I'll do it! I've long dreamt of coming to Alaska!

If the wife finds out I've got an open ticket to Alaska, that damm living room will NEVER get done!

I finally went up there to Alaska this "summer", well it was 38* at night in July up there two nights, and we used the wood stove with black spruce to get the chill off. Just do it! I am going back for sure!

I finally went up there to Alaska this "summer", well it was 38* at night in July up there two nights, and we used the wood stove with black spruce to get the chill off. Just do it! I am going back for sure!
someday, OB.......someday!

Single digits this AM . 8°f.
Cold dry air is sucking the moisture out of the snow today , foggy (dew point 8° )
Back to normal here . :)

View attachment 85030
I stopped checking the weather report last week. After seeing this, I figure I'm on borrowed time and will just take each day as it comes.

21st.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.