1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wood shed wood dry, outside stacks white

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by bogydave, Dec 12, 2012.

1. nate379

nate379 Guest

Another 8 hrs of plowing today. The poor 6.0L Chev 3500 was having a hell of a time. Burned through almost 30 gals of gas.

We are supposed to have 2 Bobcats, and a Tool Cat but they have been in the shop for service for over a month now. Just have the Chev and a CAT IT28 with 14ft blade.

Not sure how many miles of road we have, but it's alot.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Single digits this AM . 8°f.
    Cold dry air is sucking the moisture out of the snow today , foggy (dew point 8° )
    Back to normal here . :)

tdy w.jpg
  3. nate379

nate379 Guest

The weird thing is that it's about 30* out here in Los Anchorage. Was 6* when I left the house this morning.
  4. weatherguy

weatherguy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Mass
    I noticed a brief warm up in Alaska this week, Fairbanks wasnt 30-40 below for a change. Its snow season now isnt it?
  5. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Getting ready to get cold now.
    Like most places, Late Dec & Jan are the coldest days.

March seems to be the snow month.
  6. wishlist

wishlist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    AC, I'm sure our good friend Dennis knows a thing a 2 about handling a chainsaw. He's been around the block I suspect a few dozens times! It's just at some point he must had a freak fall and hit his head and this resulted in his BACKWARDS splitting method! :D

Sorry Dave, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    ;lol

Well, you are right about that fall. It happend this fall and I'm still paying a super high price for it. It is getting difficult to get anything done around here, but we try and will keep on trying.
  8. wishlist

wishlist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    Ouch! I wasn't aware of that Dennis. Do you need some help? I would be more than happy to stop by and haul, move, cut, split, or EAT one of those Mrs Backwoods pies! :)
    ScotO likes this.
  9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Sorry about that. Yes, it was not fun. If I needed help, at this point I'd be almost afraid to ask for fear too many folks would show up and we'd cut down our whole woods in one weekend! But as you are aware, we do have plenty of wood on hand ready to burn so help really is not needed....yet. I will keep it in mind though and thank you.
    ScotO likes this.
  10. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Yea, a thing or two about handling chainsaws is an understatement. Like I said, I'm gonna show up over there some day & get me some lessons. The pie would be a real bonus.;lol A C
  11. Oregon Bigfoot

Oregon Bigfoot Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Oregon
    I finally went up there to Alaska this "summer", well it was 38* at night in July up there two nights, and we used the wood stove with black spruce to get the chill off. Just do it! I am going back for sure!
    ScotO likes this.
  12. ScotO

ScotO Guest

someday, OB.......someday!
  13. LLigetfa

LLigetfa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    I stopped checking the weather report last week. After seeing this, I figure I'm on borrowed time and will just take each day as it comes.

21st.jpg
  14. ohlongarm

ohlongarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio