1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wood storage shed

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Marcus, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Loc:
    Ohio
    I'm looking for an easy storage shed for seasoned wood to put near the house. Does anyone think this shed would hold up to the weight of a lot of wood? The manufacturer said the floor could hold the weight of a car if it was evenly distributed. The floor is rubber and I thought I would put hardwood over it. Based on the dimensions (7'x7'x7.9' ) it could hold about 2 cords stacked six feet high. What does everyone use for storage of seasoned wood near the house?

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd110080

Thanks for any input, I new to all this. Regency I3100 being installed tommorrow.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Martin Strand III

Martin Strand III New Member

Loc:
    NW MI near nowhere
  3. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Nice looking shed but what about ventilation? Does it have windows? Need some air movement in there to keep the humidity and condensation at bay.
  4. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Loc:
    Ohio
    I've seen that Marty. Looks cool, but problem is I live in the suburbs, so the city would never let me build something like that, and definitely not near the house. I'm also very busy with work and a nine month old and don't have time to build something.
  5. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Loc:
    Ohio
    Hmmmm... good point about the ventillation. I didn't think about that. With the plastic roof it would likely get very hot and humid in there. It has two small vent areas near the peak of the roof, but they are small and probably would not do much.
  6. martel

martel Member

7. the_guad

the_guad New Member

Loc:
    No Va
    That plastic shed is nice. Too bad you couldn't put a ridge vent and some ground level intake vents on it.
  8. Martin Strand III

Martin Strand III New Member

Loc:
    NW MI near nowhere
    Todd:

On the Woodheat shed, look at the diagram below the photos and you'll see ventilation galore.

Eah?
    Marty
  9. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Loc:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the ideas. I figure I could add a few ground level intake vents and put to vents on the front and back near the roof peak to exhaust the hot air. May not be ideal ventillation but should work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.