wood stove flue collar question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2014
Eden, NY
I have a Lopi 1250 wood stove and im having problems finding a connector to fit the flue collar. I bought a vertical appliance connector from Rockford Chimney supplies but it doesn't sit flush in the collar due to there being a lip in the collar. Anyone ever experience this before? Suggestions? Thanks!

I have a Lopi 1250 wood stove and im having problems finding a connector to fit the flue collar. I bought a vertical appliance connector from Rockford Chimney supplies but it doesn't sit flush in the collar due to there being a lip in the collar. Anyone ever experience this before? Suggestions? Thanks!
A pic might help us understand the issue.

Pics? I'm not familiar with a lopi. Are you Installing with the crimp down?

no crimp on the vertical connector. Should there be? You can see how it doesn't sit properly.

Attachments

• WP_20161010_20_59_48_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161010_20_59_48_Pro.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 201
  • WP_20161010_21_00_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161010_21_00_29_Pro.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 243
It is not very easy to see is it loose in the collar? If so you will need some gasket material to wrap the adapter in to make it tight. It does not need to go in all the way but if you want it to and it is hitting you could always just trim it a little.

It is not very easy to see is it loose in the collar? If so you will need some gasket material to wrap the adapter in to make it tight. It does not need to go in all the way but if you want it to and it is hitting you could always just trim it a little.
yes, it is loose in the collar. Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll try trimming it.

yes, it is loose in the collar. Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll try trimming it.
That will just get it to sit down onto the flare it will not actually make it fit tight though if it is loose you really do need some gasket there.

ok, so wrap and glue the gasket around the outside of the connector?
Yes you will need to find the right gasket that fits tightly but still allows you to slide the connector in.

ok, to make it a tighter fit you said I can use some gasket rope. Since the space is small, could I braid a few threads of gasket from my old stove door gasket and use that?
If it is that tight dont worry about it

My Lopi Evergreen had a small tab causing the stove collar to not completely sit flush. I trimmed a section of the crimped end to pass it. My tab was only a 1/4 inch wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.