Wood stove heat shielding question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noMONEYtoBURN

Oct 21, 2014
Canada
Hey Guys,
I'm new to the forum but have spent many of hours reading through the threads lately. Here is my situation.
I have recently installed a wood stove in my garage using the ceiling supported chimney. Due to the 18" ground clearance which is required in Canada, I have now decreased my distance from stove top to ceiling forcing me to install heat shielding on the ceiling. My problem? The chimney runs straight up from the stove into the ceiling support assembly. Could I cut a hole in the shielding just big enough to fit around the lower bucket of the ceiling support? Is there a solution other than running the pipe through the wall or moving the stove?
Any help would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.