Wood stove help needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cshama

Hearth Supporter
Mar 3, 2009
ny
Need some urgent help here.
Wood stove help needed
Firstly does anyone have any idea what stove this is. It has Quadra-fire written on it.

Secondly these two pieces fell out of the stove. It’s actually running fine without them but I’d like to know. In addition a couple of the bricks at the back have cracked.

Should I stop using the stove? 22B13E32-4ACF-43BF-8E23-F004211BE512.jpeg

Pretty sure that's an Isle Royale. The skinnier piece looks like a fire brick retainer and the other looks like the baffle back plate. See parts with images on stove-parts-unlimited.com

Ok I’ve answered 2 of the questions myself. It’s an Isle Royale Quadrafire. And the fire bricks will need to be replaced .

And I’ve answered the final question myself- it’s the baffle that fell out.

Now my only problem is figuring out how to get it fixed :)

That looks like the baffle back plate. @Jags, can you help with location? Does this sit under the baffle assembly?

I’m replacing bricks myself and am just going to leave the baffle out. The soonest I could get someone to look at is April!!!!

The angle iron piece is the back wall fire brick retainer. It needs to be there to keep the fire brick from tipping into the stove. The other is the baffle back plate....i... ummm, currently cant stick my head in the stove. It's a little warm in there.😄