1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Wood Stove Help

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Qball, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qball

Qball New Member

I recently was given a brand new stove, but the person that gave it to me knew nothing about it. It is a smaller model, very similar in dimensions to the Jotul 602. It is cast iron and says Fjord across the top in front above the door. It has a raised design on the side that has people and horses and on the back it says Taiwan across the bottom. I have been all over the internet trying to find out what kind of stove this is so that I can see if I can locate anything about it (i.e. clearances etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    -Kevin

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    If you cant find any listed clearances, you have do defalut to nfpa 211. Im shure elk has all the data, but i belive that it requires a 36 inch setback, and a protected surface setback of 24". Elk?
  3. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Can you post a picture. Lets try to identify it and see if we can dig up a manual. Does the door have a gasket?
    ,(MSG the new kinder gentler approach,) Sounds like older scandia Jotul knock off. Please measure the flue collar inside and out side dementions and report back to the forum. Check the back for a Listing lable or underneath?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.