wood stove insert minimum clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ba_jie

Oct 8, 2008
Upon reading the installation manual, i noticed that there is minumum clearance between the stove centerline and side wall.
My situation is that the side wall is my TV cabinet which is placed very close to the fireplace and the distance is short of the minimum
clearance requirement.

am i being panaroid? I guess since the hot air will be vented out from the front bottom panel, it shouldn't pose problems to my TV cabinet.

This is for the Jotul 450? That's a respectable heater. The stove will radiate heat also, so it's not good to push things too close. Come mid-winter, the insert may be running hot and long hours. How far is the TV from the edge of the fireplace opening? Can it be moved?

the TV cabinet can't be moved. It's a built-in like the following diagram:
|_____ - /

There is only 3 ft between the centerline and the edge of the cabinet, minimum clearance is 44''.

How far is the TV from the edge of the fireplace opening? Maybe it can have a wall shield added?

Status
Not open for further replies.