• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinobeads

Aug 23, 2016
wi
Looking for weight dispersing iron pucks/coasters for the feet of my wood stove. Cant seem to find any online. don't know if I am using the wrong terminology. Please point me in the right direction or send a link to some I can purchase.

The concern is cracked tiles. The tiles under each foot have cracked. We had them all replaced and it happened again. We are having them replaced a second time and likely having more supports put under the hearth but I will be out of matching tiles after this and don't want it to happen again. The tiler suggested putting foot pucks under to disperse the wieght a bit. we have a heavy stove, over 500 lbs.
The wayfair coasters look like they might work nicely. Thanks for the link.

Sounds like a flawed hearth installation. The substrate under the tiles is wrong or poorly supported. A well made hearth should easily support a 500# stove. Our stove is 585# and there have been no issues in the last 8 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.