Wood Stove Movers in Mass.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich L

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 25, 2008
Eastern,Ma.
g-mail.com
Anyone know of any good inexpensive wood stove movers in eastern Massachusetts?Thanks.

I'd search online for moving companies and give them a call.

I wonder if I'd be able to move the Equinox by myself?

Id help you myself if I didnt just have a hip replaced, are you close to the coast?

I've never heard of a moving outfit that specializes in wood stoves. Pianos, yes...wood stoves, no. You're looking for a freight hauler. There are plenty around who do small jobs. I used uShip once to get a bunch of stuff from me up here in Bend, Oregon down to my daughter in Albuquerque New Mexico, and I was quite pleased with how that all worked out. My whole load of stuff for her probably didn't weigh a heck of a lot more than a wood stove.

http://www.uship.com/

I've never heard of a moving outfit that specializes in wood stoves. Pianos, yes...wood stoves, no. You're looking for a freight hauler. There are plenty around who do small jobs. I used uShip once to get a bunch of stuff from me up here in Bend, Oregon down to my daughter in Albuquerque New Mexico, and I was quite pleased with how that all worked out. My whole load of stuff for her probably didn't weigh a heck of a lot more than a wood stove.

I've used uship as well. You can get pretty decent pricing on there.

Moving companies...like the big ones (Bekins, etc.) won't even talk to you about moving anything less than 2,000 lbs. Well, they'll talk to you, and even move it, and then charge you for 2,000 lbs.

There was a show on tv for a short time of some guys in Boston that moved anything you wanted, they specialized in moving large objects like pianos and other odd ball things people bought. A company like that would probably do it, not sure what they would charge, for them thats a piece of cake.

There was a show on tv for a short time of some guys in Boston that moved anything you wanted, they specialized in moving large objects like pianos and other odd ball things people bought. A company like that would probably do it, not sure what they would charge, for them thats a piece of cake.
I'm just north of Boston.I would give that company a call if you could recall their name.

Would uship pick up the stove or do I have to load it ?

You would have to specify that you need a lift gate and will not be able to assist in moving the item.

uShip is a website much like eBay. You put up an ad, and whatever moving folks are interested in your job will bid on it. You accept or reject the bids. uShip doesn't "do" anything...the zillions of moving type folks who are looking for jobs and using uShip "do" whatever you want them to do...you just spell it out in your ad and the only folks that'll submit a bid to you will be those folks who are willing and able to do what you've described.

Thanks all for your help.

If you use uShip to look for a mover, make sure you upload a pic or two to your ad...saves a lot of back & forth Q&A's.

I live in Northern Mass. I made tons of calls before I finally found someone: "Ferrick Brothers" 978-373-9575 www.ferrickmovers.com They charged me $300 to move one 800 lb stove up a long,steep walkway and another lighter stove back down. Worth every penny if you saw the layout and saw my back's last MRI. They are out of Bradford.

Reactions: raybonz
Yeah...the older I get, the more reasonable I find the costs of paying younger, stronger dudes to do things for me. ;lol

Reactions: raybonz
I live in Northern Mass. I made tons of calls before I finally found someone: "Ferrick Brothers" 978-373-9575 www.ferrickmovers.com They charged me $300 to move one 800 lb stove up a long,steep walkway and another lighter stove back down. Worth every penny if you saw the layout and saw my back's last MRI. They are out of Bradford.
Thanks for the info "fire_man,I just called them and they needed more info.Which I'll give them after I check out the stove.Thanks again.

Yeah...the older I get, the more reasonable I find the costs of paying younger, stronger dudes to do things for me. ;lol
I took this approach and let the stove shop deliver and install my new stove.. I decided this was cheaper and safer than getting injured or damaging my new stove!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.