Wood Stove Philosophy of use - What's yours??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I went this route for initially one reason- the local propane provider would not honor a contract and over the last 12 years the household has only used 60 gallons of propane over that timeframe.
I averaged 700 gallons a season prior to the switch so over the years the savings is equivalent to approximately 10000 gallons of propane not purchased.

There are certainly other reasons realized after the purchase. I like the warmer temperatures in the house. The time in the woods gathering firewood. The exercise gathering wood has purpose and is a productive use of working out and find it unnecessary to front the cost of a gym membership and I also can safely get my pyro kicks.