Wood stove thermometer help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowin smoke

Dec 16, 2013
Gibsonburg ohio
Ok. I purchased 2 thermometers for my wood stove. A meecos red devil and a Rutland burn indicator. Both magnetic. I have this stove HOT. SO hot my wife left the room and 1 says 220 and the other says 200. What's wrong or what am I doing wrong. Have placed them all over , same results. Need help please

Where, exactly, have you put them? What sort of stove/insert do you have? If your stovepipe is exposed and you stuck one on there, is that single-wall or double-wall pipe?

Where, exactly, have you put them? What sort of stove/insert do you have? If your stovepipe is exposed and you stuck one on there, is that single-wall or double-wall pipe?
Sorry. It's an insert buck 27000 and I can't get to the pipe but it says to place in stovetop cooking surface and if I do it's even a lower temp. Ugh!! So frustrating. I just want to do this right

Status
Not open for further replies.