Wood stove toast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fantastic man, and you probably sat like a kid enjoying your triumph.
my wife just got these small almost mini cast fry pans. i wnat to make individual pizza's so bad.
but think i'm waiting till next year now.

I make nachos on the top the stove.
Yum! :)

You just can't beat a good "old time" beef stew, vegetable soup, chicken soup, or a nice 4 alarm chili simmered all day long on top of a wood stove.

It may be in the 60's here today, but I just want to build a fire now for some reason. %-P

Girl said:
I make nachos on the top the stove.
Yum! :)

odd, and interesting, never thought of that. it would then melt the cheese much differently then my toaster oven (primarily heated from above)
more from the bottom / nacho side (and the convection heat around stovetop)
thereby causing the cheese to melt because of the hot nacho, (not the Red rod in the toaster)
also, i am forever having to stick it back in the toaster after eating for a minute cause the cheese 1" down isnt melted yet.

gotta try that now.

and i never did get to do jiffy pop this year.

WE've done baked potatoes (scrubbed, wrapped in foil with a butter pat) in the coals of our woodstove and I agree totally with the pot of soup simmering all , even a pan of sauerkraut with a pork loin on top and some baked beans. How I miss this, because we choked back our woodstove from running at 500 to running at 200 and now it's not enough heat to cook on (we have a liner around the stove so the pot doesn't sit directly on it).

I think though we could try some grilled cheese on top of the coal stove...have a cast iron pan - well many - that it would be good to try with, just never thought of toast or grilled cheese until you said it here!

Because of this thread, we cooked out last night by putting some dogs on some long skewers and holding them over the coals. The boys thought is was great. It has been a while since we've done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.