Woodburning Hall of Shame

TradEddie Posted By TradEddie, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM

1. ScotO

ScotO
    Guest 2.
    NULL

My cousin has one of those green wood eating monsters that he rigged an old furnace pump up to, and he burns waste oil in his.......believe it or not, it actually burns the oil pretty efficiently with very little smoke or smell. The pump only comes on when the furnace calls for heat, so it ain't smoldering all day. I guess if its done correctly, it can work out pretty good.

2. TradEddie

TradEddie
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 24, 2012
    Loc:
    SE PA
    I never intended this to be a discussion of burning habits or neighborly responsibilities, just a gallery of the worst offenders. It's not a good time of year, but if you see a bad one next season, remember this thread and post a pic!

TE

ScotO likes this.
  3. webbie

webbie
    Seasoned Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Loc:
    Western Mass.
    One of my neighbors is a bad one - I almost took a pic of the vast quantities of smoke exiting their chimney on a recent 60 degree day. I'll snap it next time....

4. bag of hammers

bag of hammers
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern ON
    Another thought - If Scotty's cousin has a rig that burns up the waste without choking the neighbors, the junk that otherwise might be getting dumped out on the back 40 (or not, guess it depends on the individual) is being put to good use...? Just looking at (for) the bright side...

5. Machria

Machria
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2012
    Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    Salmon?

Smoked Salmon??