Woodburning stove down draft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is there a removable baffle assembly? Was it removed at the time of cleaning? Is there any chance that a pile of chimney cleaning residue is now sitting up on top of the baffle assembly restricting exhaust flow?
Your pics of the loading door glass look like your burning really wet fuel?? Hard to believe if this just started happening. Even with warmer temps. Hmmmmm.
Cheers, I'll check baffle out.

Is there a removable baffle assembly? Was it removed at the time of cleaning? Is there any chance that a pile of chimney cleaning residue is now sitting up on top of the baffle assembly restricting exhaust flow?
Your pics of the loading door glass look like your burning really wet fuel?? Hard to believe if this just started happening. Even with warmer temps. Hmmmmm.
Cheers, I'll check baffle out. Going to speak to manufacturer today.

That looks like not enuf air intake, possible bad wood, and/or shutting down too early to cause that much window discoloration.
Glass hasn't been cleaned since smoke started. Tried with smokeless fuel as well. Same thing. The other week fire was going nuts, burning like a furnace even though it was down at minimum. Could be dodgy fuel/ wood. However, when I cracked door open to create updraft...nothing. could be the Irish weather?

That should be sufficient. Is there a 6" metal liner all the way to the top? If so, try opening a nearby window or door a couple of centimeters and see if the changes the stove's behavior.

Also, it is particularly windy in this location?

Glass hasn't been cleaned since smoke started. Tried with smokeless fuel as well. Same thing. The other week fire was going nuts, burning like a furnace even though it was down at minimum. Could be dodgy fuel/ wood. However, when I cracked door open to create updraft...nothing. could be the Irish weather?
Is it much warmer outside now than it was when it was working well?