Woodmiser - would you use one of these???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
Someone I know has been pestered into buying what seems a bit of metal grill to put under the wood to increase the efficiency of the wood when it's burned.

Of course, I have told them the best way to increase efficiency is to burn dry wood, and to control the air correctly.......

I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on this:

http://woodmiser.co.uk/directions.html

My thought is that they only last 500 hours, that's not long when burning 24/7........

Can something really improve efficiency 30%???????

Or is it just like a jar of snake oil....... ;-)

Thought you were talking to me ;)

NO. I would not spend dollars on such a thing. I'd also bet on no increase in efficiency.

Most modern stove manuals specifically prohibit raising wood off of the floor of the stove. I would not reccomend this product unless you wish to create a forge in your living room and destroy your stove.

Thats quite the add, it never actually shows you anything.....I personaly wouldn't order anything from the U.K. just my opinion.....

Seems like it is a non-combustible thing that raises the wood off the bottom of the stove to allow air underneath. This would be a great idea if you have alot of wood to waste and want to get your stove super hot. Kidding...

Status
Not open for further replies.