Woodshed to be built this summer.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty0844

Dec 7, 2009
Eastern Shore,Maryland
So being a city dweller, I need a place to store and season my wood, This is my plan. My problem is this, I live in the Northern Hemisphere so the north side of my property doesn't get much sun, but the only logical place for me to build a woodshed is on the north side of my property. The dimensions are 27' x 12' and 10' dropping to 6.5'. I want to divide this into 3 bays. That way I can burn from one bay while the other 2 are seasoning. That way each bay would season for 2 years, but would 2 years be enough beings the wood wouldn't see much sunlight?

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 412
  • wood shed plans.jpg
    wood shed plans.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 375
The north side of the lot will help it get the maximum southern exposure. Keep it as open as possible, using slatted siding, or lattice to keep the sides and back open. Air flow through the wood pile really helps with drying. Basically you want a stout roof with open sides that hold the wood in for an ideal woodshed.

Status
Not open for further replies.