Woodstock Progress Hybrid Smoke Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenn Dave

Minister of Fire
Hi everyone. I have a question about the Progress Hybrid. Does anyone have a Progress that does not have a smoke smell issue? I have read a lot of posts here that talk about that problem and am wondering if it is only happening in a small percentage of the stoves, or is it widespread? I purchased a Progress Hybrid last summer for a house under construction, and have just had it installed recently and will not be firing it up until this fall. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hi Tenn. I have a 2 year old Progress with no smoke smell. Never had it, hopefully never will.

If I jam my nose down into the right rear corner during a low (all cat) burn, I can just barely make out a sweet woody smell. But I practically have to burn my nose trying.!!!

Reactions: Tenn Dave
Hi Tenn. I have a 2 year old Progress with no smoke smell. Never had it, hopefully never will.

If I jam my nose down into the right rear corner during a low (all cat) burn, I can just barely make out a sweet woody smell. But I practically have to burn my nose trying.!!!
Thanks Tony, I appreciate your input.

Hearth member "rideau" has an interesting theory of why some have the smell and some don't. I don't remember the details but he will be along soon to comment.

Hi everyone. I have a question about the Progress Hybrid. Does anyone have a Progress that does not have a smoke smell issue? I have read a lot of posts here that talk about that problem and am wondering if it is only happening in a small percentage of the stoves, or is it widespread? I purchased a Progress Hybrid last summer for a house under construction, and have just had it installed recently and will not be firing it up until this fall. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Welcome to the forum Dave.

You should be aware that Woodstock has had some problems with this and you should also be aware that they are in the midst of fixing those problems with the ones in the field. Naturally the fix is done with all the new stoves. But no matter what, know that Woodstock will definitely stand behind all their stoves. Also don't forget they give a six month guarantee with all the stoves. If not happy, return for full refund.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum Dave.

You should be aware that Woodstock has had some problems with this and you should also be aware that they are in the midst of fixing those problems with the ones in the field. Naturally the fix is done with all the new stoves. But no matter what, know that Woodstock will definitely stand behind all their stoves. Also don't forget they give a six month guarantee with all the stoves. If not happy, return for full refund.

Good luck.
Thanks for your input Denis. I really appreciate it. I know Woodstock has the best Customer Service in the industry. I'm sure they will be able to correct any smoke smell problems. Hopefully I won't even have one. After reading some of the posts here concerning this issue, I was just curious how many Progress owners were having that problem. The stove itself is beautiful, and from what I hear, the performance matches the beauty.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.