woodstock progress???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike8937

Sep 10, 2011
n.e.pa
does anyone know if woodstock would be able to deliver the progress by late november? i see that they were trying to get them out by then but i know things due come up when setting up a new product. im in iraq and will be home mid november, it would be nice to have that stove waiting for me. if they cant deliver their product by then im afraid i would have to look else. i need a new stove no later the the end of november. any word on clearences yet? i would gladly build a room around that stove at that price

Mike, I have one on order and scheduled to be shipped the last week in October. Whether that ship date will be met depends on a lot of things, I imagine, and I'm trying not to hold my breath in expectations that it will be met. I think a fair amount will depend on how the testing goes and when it finishes. It is currently being tested and hopefully we will have the clearances soon. There are a number of hearth.com members that are going to the official announcement on the Progress next weekend at the Annual Pig Roast. There is a thread on what questions you'd like them to ask. This would be a good one! Hopefully, one of them will respond to you in this thread and you will be on their radar. If I hear anything on my ship date, I'll let you know. Good luck!

HollowHill said:
There are a number of hearth.com members that are going to the official announcement on the Progress next weekend at the Annual Pig Roast. There is a thread on what questions you'd like them to ask. This would be a good one! Hopefully, one of them will respond to you in this thread and you will be on their radar.!

Mike, fellow Nepa person here,
I will be going to the Woodstock open house next weekend as well as some of the "seasoned burners" (which I am not, yet.) :)
I will try to find out as much info as I can. Dennis (Backwoods Savage) may or may not be on the forum today to see your post. He owns a Woodstock stove and has been to the factory before.
It would be nice for you to come home from Iraq to a brand new stove waiting for installation.
I will pass on your questions/time frame limits and try to get back to you next weekend when we find out more info.
I have a Droid phone so I can post from the open house.

Gotta' love realtime updates, Gamma.
Does the Droid also do vids? That would be too cool. You could be our official on the scene reporter/spy. Hehehe :coolhmm:

PapaDave said:
Gotta' love realtime updates, Gamma.
Does the Droid also do vids? That would be too cool. You could be our official on the scene reporter/spy. Hehehe :coolhmm:

I believe the term, Papa, would be correspondent... :cheese:
DROID does vids..... ;-)

mike8937 said:
does anyone know if woodstock would be able to deliver the progress by late november? i see that they were trying to get them out by then but i know things due come up when setting up a new product. im in iraq and will be home mid november, it would be nice to have that stove waiting for me. if they cant deliver their product by then im afraid i would have to look else. i need a new stove no later the the end of november. any word on clearences yet? i would gladly build a room around that stove at that price

Mike, I'll be happy to report any information I receive from Woodstock. At present, I think you could figure a delivery before the end of November. They will have 2 modes at the Open House. One in the showroom and one in back actually burning. Testing should be done now or tomorrow so we can know the clearances. I'll be on the road heading to Woodstock very soon. We'll have to get out so the house sitters can move in to keep track of things while we are gone.

EDIT: btw, I don't think there is anyone is more anxious to get the stove than HollowHill. ;-)

i am kinda nervous about it. i dont want to be a guinea pig but i also dont want to be kicking myself in the rear. this stove should keep my house house very comfortable. the one concern i have is that my wood maybe less then ideal. it is mostly oak that has been drying for about a year, it is split. i had the guys put it in my barn so that probably slowed down the ageing process but im glad i did we had terrible floods and if it didnt get soaked by rain it would have been carried away by the river that formed on both sides of my house. the barn is open on one end so it did get some air. i never had an epa stove period so this will be a learning process.

another question would be what type of cat is in it?

can someone post a link to the question forum on this stove? im not too good at searching the right keywords on the site yet.

With Woodstock I surely would not feel like a guinea pig.

Hi Mike,

On just this past Friday, I was told current new orders were in line for end of November shipping. If you are hoping for that, I would put your deposit down asap.

i sent the reserve email just a little while ago. i will call the store to put a deposit down once they are open today. im excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.