Woodstock soapstone wood stove seemingly small loading door.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
wkpoor said:
Anyone ever notice how long these threads get when someone says their having a problem with their soapstone stove?

wkpoor, that should be a big plus to Woodstock owners and potential owners. If a problem arises, we attempt to find the fix and share things that work or fixes for any problems. I will many times also contact Woodstock to ask their opinion on various things that pop up in some threads and they are great in answering or maybe I'm just lucky to have a good contact there at Woodstock who has been in this business many, many years (not all with Woodstock either).

In addition, last fall when we finally got to their factory I was able to ask some questions that have popped up on here and I was able to ask several different folks about the same questions. Yes, I went right out and talked to some of the good folks who actually put these things together and also talked to the plant foreman along with the customer service reps. I even got to talk to the owner and later even talked with his wife. We had a grand time.

I think you missed my point. The reason the threads get so long is because there is obviously nothing wrong with a Woodstock stove. So if someone has an issue, like small door or not enough heat, it has to be the owner doesn't understand, instead of, maybe the door IS a little small for some people, or maybe it ISN'T big enough for all applications. I'm sure without a doubt it is a fine stove that is a good fit for most households, but just maybe there are a few out there it doesn't work for. Thats why there is more than one to choose from on the market.

Thanks for trying to find him, it is hard to scroll and scroll and scroll.I would do the same if the right deal came along.This house has 764 square feet downstairs and it has small rooms.The rooms are like this. The kitchen is 15x14 with a 12x14 addition and joints onto the other uninsulated room which is approximately 10x14.All of these rooms have 1 outside wall. These 1st 3 are cold rooms.This smaller room will hold the stove.There are 2 more rooms down stairs,another 10x15 and a 9x20.(approximately)The latter rooms stay fairly warm but the stove will share some heat with these rooms as long as i push the heat.You can go from 1 room to the other and end up back where ya started meaning you can come back into the 1st room through a walk around.The upstairs is smaller but we don't wanna heat em harshly.I realize this is a little too hard to comprehend but it may trigger something. I explain poorly i know.The thing is i'm not sure just how these small rooms will heat and how good i can push the heat though i will do what has to be done.(If they were bigger rooms like the 1's in the house i grew up in with wood heat i'd have an idea.)It is not drafty. I realize you have no positive way of knowing how it will heat but i'm just looking for ideas.Stove size is the big question the rest is for me to solve.Just looking for opinions.I know now about some good stoves,how they throw heat and also some good advice i had no idea about.Also i know there are others learning from our replies. I sure appreciate every darned 1.I know we can't answer this precisely, i want ideas that's all. Thanks.

I got your meaning now. Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.